Happy Thanksgiving! My husband was suprised at me this morning that I was still up at 3:00am. He still doesn't know how I do it...but I do! I think its because I have been doing that thing called EXERCISE every morning...Just have to do it! I am really going to HAVE to do it after today with all the sweets! The Ways to Use It Challenge today was to create a card with something sweet. Anyone is welcome to come over to my house and eat sweets with us, especially the pies. Anyhow, I picked these chipboard books of all Christmas shapes at Michaels for $1. I chose the Gingerbread one today. I collect anything that has to do with Gingerbread men/houses. I started out by tracing the gingerbread man onto a piece of light brown c/s on the fold plus one so I can work on the main body. I rubbed vaseline with a dryer sheet and used distress ink for added color. I also used clear emboss powder on it. I added 3 heart buttons on the body, one heart brad that I colored red (because it was pink and added liquid applique on it for the chest). I used the piercing tool to added the hearts brads for his cheeks, a red shiny brad for the nose, and 2 googlie eyes. I adhered to card base. I couldn't find anything that I really liked for the mouth, so I used a part of a punched out decorative corner punch and trimmed. I added liquid applique for the curvy lines on the head, neck, arms, and legs and let it dry. I didn't want to use the heat gun because I didn't want the bubble look, so I left it the way it is.
Paper: kraft
Ink: Tim Holz brushed corduroy distress
Accessories: gingerbread chipboard book, vaseline, dryer sheet, sponge, clear emboss powder heat gun, heart buttons, heart brads, tacky tape, brads, liquid applique, red sharpie, pierce tool
Sunday, March 14, 2010
WT246 My Gingerbread Man
Labels:
Challenges,
Christmas Cards
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















No comments:
Post a Comment