You know, I look forward to the Inspiration Challenges that come out on Friday nights on SCS. They are my favorite. This is the clutch purse from the Moyna handbags store here. I started out by making the hand made purse by drawing a template. I made 2 extra pieces of the template so I can have a front and a back also. I take one of the extra pieces and used the cb textile emboss folder sideways. I used the saddle brown stazon ink with a sponge, a white colored pencil, and sand paper to distress the look of the folder. I used 3 different scallop circles for the flowers. I was looking through all my ink pads and couldn't find any color that I wanted. So I made some scribbles on watercolor paper with a pumpkin yellow prismacolor pencil. I rolled the tip of the flowers just a little bit and secured all 3 sizes with glue dots. I stitched the centers of the flowers with embroidery floss. I drew the lines for the vine with a pencil. The next part took about 10 minutes to do. I hand stitched the vine with embroidery floss with a needle. There is enough room for an opening that a gift card can fit into. I made an accordian style backing so the card can stand up. Once everything was done. This took a bit of time to make but I had fun doing it. Have a great night!
Paper: sandy cream, watercolor
Ink: saddle brown stazon
Accessories: cb textile emboss folder, prismacolor pencils, odorless mineral spirits, blending stumps, 3 sizes of scallop circle punches, office max brads, ms glitter, ms leaf punch, embroidery floss, needle, scissors, pierce tool, gray marker, tacky strip, sand paper
Monday, March 15, 2010
IC196 My Clutch Purse
Labels:
Challenges,
gift card holder
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















No comments:
Post a Comment