Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Monday, March 15, 2010

FS136 Welcome Baby!


OMG! What was I thinking trying to stamp when I am so tired. I was busy today checking out a stamping garage sale at the scrapbook store called Trade Days. Then I taught a few techniques later on in the day. I did manage to sneak in a short nap too. My sister had called me about 11:00pm and asked me if I was going to do the Featured Stamper tonight. Well, since she woke me up, I decided to play. Oh, I did get some great deals today at the sale too. The Featured Stamper is Steuber known as Shannon and we were to create a card like hers but change a few things. She has a wonderful gallery and there was quite a few cards I wanted to case. I wanted something that looked a little simple. I chose this one. I started out by stamping the image onto watercolor paper on the back side (didn't want the lines to appear when I colored) I colored the image using primsacolor pencils, odorless mineral spirits, and blending stumps. But this was my 3rd attempt, so hopefully it looks presentable. For the ground, I used a brown colored pencil and free hand the line. I used the same technique on the ground with the pencils, but used the pastels chalk for the sky with a sponge using a mask over the elephant. I mounted the image onto a rose red layer and added white dots around the border. I then colored the dots on the elephant gray, but I didn't like it. I went over them with a white galaxy pen too. I didn't like it. So I ended up putting self adhesive pearls on the dots. I used a separate piece of white c/s to use the cb swiss dots emboss folder and added ribbon. The image is raised with 3D dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment with black ink right on top of the swiss dots. For what I went through, does this look ok? Thanks for dropping by and a have a wonderful Sunday!

Stamps: Penny Black, mini mates
Paper: whisper white, rose red, watercolor paper (120 lb)
Ink: memento tuxedo black
Accessories: cb swiss dots emboss folder, prismacolor pencils, odorless mineral spirits, blending stumps, ribbon, white signa pen, galaxy pen, white peals, ms black fine ink, dimensionals, stamp-a-gig, sponge

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails