I've always wanted to make a memory quilt but I always thought they were alot of work. I made this for my mom for Mother's Day a few years ago, but I wanted to share with you today. My mom loves the color brown, so I decided to make her a quilt with her old pictures of all her kids with my dad. This quilt took about 3 months to complete because at the time I was making it, I was working in Minnesota. Plus, the pictures were all different sizes. The only time I was able to work on it was after my kids were in bed and on the weekend. It was time consuming but well worth the effort. My mom loves it. What a great way to display your memories. I have made a couple more since making this for wedding gifts. Thanks for peeking at my creations at Bonnie's Corner.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Log Cabin Memory Quilt for Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















3 comments:
Love the memory quilt! Did you just make up pattern? Do you remember the amount of fabric?
A wonderful quilt!!
Mom will sure cherish this forever. That's a wonderful idea.
Your sis,
Connie
Post a Comment