Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Monday, March 15, 2010

TLC237 Fabric Yo-Yo Flowers

Well, the technique challenge took a bit longer than I anticipated today. My husband's idea didn't work, so I came up with one instead. The Technique Challenge today was to use Fun Foam and create your own stamp. I didn't have any, so I had some left over rubber from stamps. I took a back of a wood block and put the rubber pieces on it. When I trimmed the rubber, I sliced my finger using my kraft knife too. My poor finger was bleeding forever. Anyways, I have these yo yo flowers out of fabric in a bag so I thought it would be a great idea to use them as a stamp. It worked. I tried it a few times to get the look I was after. It always helps me out to look around my stash to see what I can substitute to play in the challenges. Have a great day!

Stamps: paint prints, watercolor gardens, garden greetings
Paper: taken with teal, purple, white
Ink: taken with teal, purple, old olive, versafine black
Accessories: wood block, fabric yo yo's, ribbon, stamp-a-jig, scissors, glue dots, buttons, embroidery floss, misc rubber scraps, kraft knife

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails