Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Monday, March 15, 2010

SC241 WT233 My Scarecrow

Ahhh, its been quiet around my house lately...but I like it. Although I miss my kiddos. And my husband is at school in North Carolina for his job in the marine corp. Anyways, one of my pen pals is hosting a Fall Swap and this is what I came up.I finished my swap cards yesterday and thought it would work for the challenge today. It's been awhile since I played the Ways to Use it Challenge, so I figured I would try it today. I couldn't find anything else to add that was a true vintage, so I just stuck with what I had in mind already. I used vintage dp, homespun fabric, stitching, embroidery floss, and even a button. That to me in vintage in itself. I started out by cutting the dp to make it fit the sketch. I used the sewing machine with the zig zag stitch on the dp. Adhered to base of the card. I stamped the scarecrow from a misc CTMH set with black ink onto watercolor paper. (I usually flip the watercolor paper over and use the flat side) I used prismacolor pencils, odorless mineral spirits, and blending stumps to color the scarecrow. I sponged light blue ink around the image. I used a flat clear embossing powder for the heart and heat set. I used a straight stitch to go around the edges on the watercolor paper with the image. Adhered to red c/s. I stamped the sunflower onto watercolor paper and used the same technigue as I did with the scarecrow. Cut out! I added a button with embroidery floss and it held it on with glue dots. I wanted to use a piece of jute, but I had to substitute it for the fabric piece as my ribbon. Adhered image to card. I hope you like it as that I had fun making it. I made 5 so far, and will see about the count I need for the swap soon. Thanks for dropping by and have a wonderful afternoon!

Stamps: misc ctmh stamps
Paper: mme vintage dp, chocolate chip, real red, watercolor paper (120lb)
Ink: momento tuxedo black, bliss blue
Accessories: sewing machine, button, homespun fabric, emboidery floss, prismacolor pencils, odorless mineral spirits, blending stumps, flat clear emboss powder, heat tool, glue dots, 2-way glue, sponge

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails