Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Monday, March 15, 2010

WT241 My Friends Mom's Blouses


OMG! Is it me really doing a challenge? I'm impressed...just been so busy here lately. My mom was up here visitng for a for awhile, kids sports, and quilting.
When I saw the challenge today, I had to play. I have been working on a friend of mines quilted wall hanging. As we moved to Oklahoma 3 years ago, my friend in Missouri asked me if I would make a wall hanging out of her mothers silk blouses in her mothers memory. Long story short. The movers packed the bag of the quilt squares in a box that I just found in the attic last night...something told me to look in this particular box. I thought I would finish it for her. I will send it off tomorrow. So, I decided to go with the extra squares of fabric from the fabric used in the quilt. The quilt itself gave me lots of heck though because it is silk, and silk seems to move alot when you sew with it...at least with me anyways. I added the buttons from the blouses and tied them onto the quilt with embroidery floss. Do you think she'll like the quilt? I still have a few blocks left over, so I thought about making a pillow. The Ways To Use It challenge was to create a card using fabric pieces. Worked out well for me. I cut the squares and adhered to c/s with a light batting. Stitched together! Attached using tacky strip to a piece of c/s and to the base of the card. Added buttons to the squares with glue dots.

Paper: vanilla c/s
Accessories: silk blouses (3 designs), sewing machine, scissors, buttons, tacky strip,

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails