Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Monday, March 15, 2010

IC192 With Love

Well, I am finally done with my card but I am not happy with it. It's only my 3rd attempt at creating. I think I was tired tonight after rearranging my boys rooms. Tomorrow, we are going to the watermelon festival so I knew I wouldn't have time to create a card. The inspiration challenge for today was to create a card from the Bellacor Vases store. I chose this vase. I didn't have the poppy flowers so I used roses instead. I started off by rubbing a little bit of vaseline onto the bottom portion of the white c/s with a sponge. (I find the vaseline helps set the ink with a smoother effect). Next I used old olive ink with a sponge into the vaseline. Let sit for a minute. I handmade the stems with a mustard colored marker right onto the c/s. I colored the roses with a brush pen and used the huffing technique to stamp them. I used a tiny dab of a black colored pencil for the center of the roses. I made a boo boo on the right hand corner on the bottom, so I stamped the sentiment with black ink, sponged, and punched out a square. Adhered. I just noticed that it is smeared. I tied a ribbon to the top to complete this card. (I had already used the ribbon punch on the card, and I didn't want to start over). Adhered to the base of the card. (I also work with a separate piece of c/s instead of right on the card base itself). What a trouble this was for me. I would probably use this for an example for the next card. It's not one of my best IC challenges but I wanted to play. Thanks Stef! Have a wonderful weekend! What do you think?

Stamps: watercolor gardens, hero arts
Paper: white
Ink: versafine black, old olive
Accessories: vaseline, sponges, marvy brush markers, square punch, silk ribbon, black colored pencil, paint brush, ribbon punch

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails