Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Monday, March 15, 2010

FS131 Seed Shooter

Hmmm, today was a great day! We spent some family time at a Watermelon Festival here in Oklahoma. OMG! I haven't seen so many at a time before, it was amazing. There was some even in the contests weighing in at 132lbs...WOW! Anyhow, I wanted to create a card using some sort of watermelon on it. The Featured Stamper is SleepyinSeattle and what a wonderful gallery she has. It was hard to choose a card, but I picked this one. I started out by making circles with 2 different size circle punches. Adhered! I layered the circles out onto the cream c/s and then trimmed to size. I added 2 more panels for b/g layers and added white dots around the edges onto the black base of the card. I stamped the image with black ink and let it sit for a minute before I started coloring it. I used prismacolor pencils, odorless mineral spirits, and blending stumps. I put some 2-way glue onto the watermelon, used clear emboss powder, and the heat gun to add shine. The image I cut out using the cm circle cutting system but I thought it came out a little bigger than I what I wanted. I hope it looks ok. I added 2 brads to complete the look. The circle with the image is held on with foam tape. I had fun making this card because I thought of all the watermelons we saw today. They were delicious! Thanks for dropping by!

Stamps: happy hopper by stampendous
Paper: ctmh polka dot c/s, black bazzill, real red, glorious green, very vanilla
Ink: versafine black
Accessories: cm circle punches, cm circle cutting system, su piercing tool/mat, prismacolor pencils, blending stumps, odorless mineral spirits, white signa pen, foam tape, brads, clear emboss powder, heat tool, 2-way glue, copic marker

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails