Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Monday, March 15, 2010

IC190 Button Flowers

I decided that I was going to do a challenge tonight which happens to be my favorite. I haven't had much time lately to make much cards because my kids have kept me pretty busy. Plus, I have been volunteering at church for the Clothes Closet. The inspiration challenge was to create a card from the Better Homes and Gardens Living Room gallery. I chose this button pillow here. It worked out great for me tonight because I am really tired. I wanted something simple. This card is a small thank you card and it is 4x4. I started out by using the small square punch on the corners of the card to make it look like the pillow. I cut the inner panel to fit to the edge of the inside corners. I used a white galaxy pen to make the stripes on the outer edge of the card. I attached the ribbon using glue dots and also the 2 sizes of the buttons. I stamped the sentiment because I felt like it needed something there in the lower right hand corner. Does this look ok? I adhered the ruby red c/s panel to the olive c/s with tacky strip because of the weight with the buttons. Thanks for the challenge and letting me relax. Have a wonderful night!

Stamps: teeny tinies
Paper: old olive, ruby red
Ink: black stazon
Accessories: buttons, glue dots, mini square punch, white galaxy pen, tacky strip

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails