Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Monday, March 15, 2010

TLC254 Windmill Baby Card and Doll Quilt



I made this doll quilt from a tutorial I've seen by Crazy Mom Quilts back in December for our Pastor at church to play Santa Claus to a little girl who asked for a doll for Christmas. So, I thought I would make her doll quilt for them to give to her as well. My Pastor and his wife thought it was a great idea. They were surprised at the matching pillow to go with the quilt too.

I love doing the Technique Challenes on SCS when I have the time. We were to use paper quilting in our cards, it was perfect timing. I created a card from the Windmill doll quilt shown in the picture using coordinating dp's. I needed a baby card and it worked out perfectly. I used a 1 inch square punch to punch out 12 flowered and 12 yellow blocks. To make it easier I thought was to punch out some green and pink blocks, glue them, and trim the access off. These were mounted onto a white piece of c/s. Once glued all in place. This took a bit longer than what I expected but I like the outcome! Thanks for coming by Bonnie's Corner.

Stamps su that's nice
Paper: bo bunny, misc dp's, pretty in pink, white
Accessories: cb swirl emboss folder, square punch, scissors, tombo glue, felt ribbon, foam tape, colored marker

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails