Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Monday, March 15, 2010

SC245 Sunflower for You!


Good morning! It's the night owl again. I had just finished making a baby quilt when the sketch challenge came out. Well actually I just made the top portion of the quilt, still need the borders, and etc. I will finish the rest of it tomorrow. I decided to play the sketch challenge since I was up. I started out with a premade window card for the black base of the card that I had in my envelope drawer. I think I got them at a garage sale. The window part has a backing to it, along with the actual back, so when you open the card...the window is hidden. I received the sunflower image from Nancyruth awhile ago and I wanted to play with it tonight. I cut 3 panels from old olive. I also cut a piece of dp and a little scrap of yellow and used the cb emboss swiss dots folder. Distress, sponged in black, and adhered to green panels. I then used the piercing tool along the edges, except for the 2 sides on the sunflower. I colored the sunflower using prismacolor pencils, odorless mineral spirits, and blending stumps. My eyes were starting to get tired by this point, hopefully it looks ok. Adhered. I added ms ribbon, used a cb mini die cut tag, and stamped the sentiment. added eyelet and tied on with embroidery floss through the ribbon. Attached the panels. I used 2 different corner punches, pop dots, and dew drops to the corners. I also added sandalwood glitter on the cb swiss dots panel and the sunflower. I had fun making this card but honestly I didn't know where I was going with it. Thanks for the sketch Roxy! Have a wonderful day!

Stamps: misc sunflower from Nancyruth, mini mates
Paper: black, old olive, lemon yellow textured, heavy duty white, paper studio dp
Ink: black
Accessories: prismacolor pencils, odorless mineral spirits, blending stumps, ms glue, ms glitter, ms ribbon, cb emboss swiss dots folder, cb mini die cut tags, embroidery floss, su pierce tool/mat, corner punches, dew drops, pop dots, glue dots, tacky strip, scissors

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails