Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Monday, March 15, 2010

WT235 SC244 Happy Birthday Erin!


The Ways to Use it Challenge today was we were to create a card using RED. I love RED. I actually just made this card a couple of days but not the day the sketch came out. I couldn't figure it out, I must of been tired. So, I walked away from it and did it Tuesday. This works out perfect since I have to work at the schools today. My nieces turned 5 this week, so I thought it would be a good idea to make a card for her. She is my twin sister's daughter. I received the Sugar Nellie image from one of my penpals but I can't remember who it was...help me out Connie (kk) or Khara. I started out by using the cb textile emboss folder on the bliss blue c/s. Adhered to the base of card. I used glitter dp for the 2nd layer, and white for the top layer. I colored the image using my favorite technique which is prismacolor pencils, odorless mineral spirits, and blending stumps. I added glitter to the tiny flowers. I sponged lightly around the image with blue ink. I added white brads and the famous Faith dots around the edges of the panels. I hand wrote the sentiments and used file tabs to mount. I also added 2 prima flowers and buttons to finish this card. I enjoyed making this card and I hope she likes it. Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Stamps: sugar nelli (received from penpal)
Paper: real red, bliss blue, whisper white, dcwv glitter dp
Ink: black stazon, bliss blue
Accessories: cb textile emboss folder, prismacolor pencils, odorless mineral spirits, blending stumps, brads, white signa pen, prima flowers, buttons, file tabs, black ink pen, ticket corner punch, ms glitter, 2-way glue

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails