Well, I have literally been up all night creating Christmas ornaments for my son's class. I don't know why I wait until the last minute, but I did. We do this every year. These aren't the ornaments that I was making for his class. These were accidental. Today's Limited Supplies Challenge was to create something with Silver or Gold in your creations. I call these ornaments accidently because while I was trying to get one of the hooks off one of the clear glass balls to insert some ribbon through the hole, I had to bend the silver edges backwards. I said...wait! I have an idea! I started out by taking the 1 1/2 inch tiles and adding dp with mod podge. Twice! I sprayed them with clear arcylic and let dry for a few moments. I bent the silver edges of the ornament hook back to where they sit flat. I used the crop-a-dile to make the center hole bigger, so I can add a button brad using hot glue. Once dried, I added ribbon to the edge of the aqua ornament, and left the ribbon off the redish ornament. I couldn't find any silver ribbon the size I wanted so instead, I intertwined the colored ribbon and the silver cording. I attached 2 knotted ends to the back of the tiles with hot glue. These were fun to create, but I was suppose to be working on a teachers gift. Thanks for the interesting challenge and thanks for dropping by!
Paper: mme
Accessories: Christmas ornament hook caps, tiles from Lowes, mod podge, crop-a-dile, foam brush, clear aryclic spray, hot glue, ribbon, cording, tacky tape
Sunday, March 14, 2010
LSC251 Recycled Tile Ornaments
Labels:
anything but a card,
Christmas gifts,
ornaments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















No comments:
Post a Comment