Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Monday, March 15, 2010

LSC236 It's A Bookmark!

Well, since I was up anyways making a birthday card for my niece, I decided when I was done I would play the Limited Supplies challenge. I'm impressed at myself tonight...I did 3 challenges, whoo who! The Limited Supply challenge was to create a card from the leftover c/s when making a square card. It was to measure 4x 1.5 inches. This size reminds me of small versions of bookmarks. While making mine, I thought this would be a great idea for lunch box notes. In my case, tonight...this is for my husband. I started out with the size of the card being 4x1.5 out of navy blue c/s. I distressed the edges using the distress tool and sponged around with brown ink. I cut a smaller piece of kraft c/s and used the cb distress emboss folder as my stripes. I used the small cb star die cut on the navy blue c/s as well. Placed a small piece of kraft c/s behind the cut out star. Sponged. I covered the stripes the best I could to just ink the red part of the stripes using red ink. I distressed all edges and sponged with brown ink around the edges. I stamped the sentiment, distressed, and sponged. Adhered to card. I got lots of other ideas using this idea...thanks for the great and fun challenge. Have a great Friday!

The inside of the card, I cut a piece of kraft c/s and stamped 2 tiny stars on it. Sponged. And it says
"for all you do!".

Stamps: misc small sentiments from su
Paper: bazzill-navy blue, kraft
Ink: memnto tuxedo black, brushed corduroy distress, fire brick distress inks
Accessories: cb distress stripes emboss folder, cb star die cut, sponges, glue dots, distress tool

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails