Whew! What a week! I have been making doll quilts, costumes for a parade, and Christmas cards. I wasn't suppose to be making a card tonight but my twin sister (stamp300) called me and asked me to play. I just finished sewing a skunk costume for my son who will be in the parade tomorrow morning. The Inspiration Challenge is my favorite so I had to play.
We were to create something for the Inspiration Challenge from the Esty store called Sushipot. It was a tough one. But I chose this
one. I really didn't want to make a round card tonight, but I did.
I started out by stamping the butterfly onto black bazzill c/s with versamark ink. I applied black emboss powder with the heat tool. I colored the black spots and the whole card (which was a 5x7) with a cream colored pencil. I stamped the whole card with versamark again and used a clear emboss powder also with heat tool. I decided that the color didn't look creamy enough, so I used a cream oil pastels crayon and colored it. I then embossed it again using the Deep Impressions clear emboss powder to make it look shiny. I cut the circles out using the CM circle cutting system. I really didn't know what I was going to use for the points, so I decided to use the CM Star punch for the edges. Embossed the points of the stars too. Adhered with glue dots. I embossed with the clear deep impressions for the inner circle too and cut out. Adhered to butterfly circle to the base of the card. This was a little bit of a process because of trying to get the color right...I hope it looks ok!
Have a wonderful night and thanks for dropping by and taking a peek!
Stamps: Inkadinkado butterfly
Paper: black bazzill
Ink: versamark
Accessories: black, clear, and deep impressions emboss powders, heat tool, cream color prismacolor pencil, cream oil pastels, cm circle cutting system, cm star punch, glue dots
Sunday, March 14, 2010
IC210 Vintage Butterfly
Labels:
birthday cards,
Challenges
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















1 comment:
Bonnie this is beautiful, LOVE this vintage butterfly!!! gorgoeus girl!
Post a Comment