
I can't believe my son turned 13 on Sat. WOW! Happy Birthday Dallas. I remember the day 13 years ago trying to drive with my husband to the hospital because we were in the middle of a SNOW BLIZZARD in Minnesota. I closed my eyes all the way to the hospital of 15 miles. It was pretty wicked! Like I mentioned in the post earlier for my mom's card that I made yesterday here. I was thrilled to have been asked by Stef on SCS to use the Warm Biscuit kids bedding store here as the Inspiration Challenge. I was browsing fabrics one day and thought it was a great idea to use. I decided to make a card into a gift card holder to hold his Itunes gift card for his Itouch. The inspiration bank is shown here. One thing I like to do to do when I create a card, is try to make it exactly like the object. In this case, to get the realistic look to the football. I made it out of Kraft c/s, Cuttlebug Mesh emboss folder, and used the orange colored marker. Afterwards, I used the versamark ink, clear emboss powder, and heat tool. The doctors used to tease me when my kids were born and people still do. You already have your own football team started. Dallas weighed in at 10lbs and Cody at 11 1/2 pounds when they were born, they both love football. You know that my son is now 5'8 and has a size 11 shoe. I bet this summer he passes me up in height. I am 6ft tall too. Amazing! I really enjoyed making this card for my son. Have a wonderful night!
Stamps: su button bear
Paper: kraft, white
Ink: black, versamark
Accessories: football template pattern from quilt book, sizzix die cuts (#'s), cb mesh emboss folder, clear emboss powder, heat tool, pop dots, kraft knife, scor pal, scissors, jewerly cording, tacky tape, Bic Mark It colored markers, tombo glue
Monday, March 15, 2010
IC223 Happy Birthday Dallas
Labels:
birthday cards,
Challenges,
gift card holder,
sports,
techniques
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















No comments:
Post a Comment