Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Monday, March 15, 2010

IC207 Smiling Cherries

Well, its been really really busy with my quilting projects and I was having a rough night. I hate it when I don't get enough of the fabric for what I am working with, grrr!...but good thing that my storage room is filled with fabric to substitute some pieces to go with what I am making. Anyhow, I took a break from sewing and decided to check out the inspiration challenge. Right up my alley. My son Dallas also wanted to play too. The Inspiration Challenge was from a wonderful gallery of fabric buttons from Aimoobaroo Etsy shop. Here is the button that inspired me http://www.etsy.com
view_listing.php...ng_id=33526540. It had to be an easy one so I can get back to my sewing. I started out by stamping the cherries and leaves with colored markers and using the huffing technique right onto the tan c/s. I went back over the image using the markers to make them appear darker. The base of the card is tan also. After the image was colored and I handmade the face on the cherries, I used the cb bubbles folder (flipped it, so the flat part is the wrong side up for this look) through it. Adhered to base of the card. Easy peasy! Thanks for having this challenge and letting me ease my mind. Have a great weekend!

Stamps: ctmh fruits, misc su leaves
Paper: tan
Accessories: cb emboss bubbles folder, colored markers

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails