Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Monday, March 15, 2010

IC218 One Touch of Nature


WOW! Am I finally doing an Inspiration Challenge. I don't know how I managed to do that with my sore back that's been bothering me. Anyhow, my boys were finishing up their quilt while I made a card. I love it when Stef posts these Inspiration Challenges early and today's inspiration came from a gallery of paintings from the Erte shop. I knew that I had to try to make a card using this photo here because I just took a picture that was similar to this. As we were driving home one day last week from sledding, I noticed there was a hawk swooping down to get his prey (which was a mouse on the side of the road, once he picked up his prey, he flew away and I got 4 pictures after that flying into the wooded snowy trees. Well, luckily I had my Nikon D80 with my high telephoto lens ready for the photos because that is what you see in the picture with the color. So, I decided to create a card tonight using this photo. I started out by taking the photo from the camera and printing it on white c/s. I printed the photo twice onto white c/s. Cut out image. I used clear emboss powder, and heat tool. Set aside. I traced a pattern that I made to make a window frame on the black c/s. I used the scor-pal on the sides but its hard to see in the photo. I also used the white gel pen along the sides, but didn't like it. Went back over the dots using a black sharpie. Set the main image inside using tacky tape. Used pop dots to set the hawk to make it pop out. I chalked the white c/s using grey chalk with a sponge. I stamped the phrase from The Touch of Nature stamp set and it is raised on a pop dot too. I wished I had the color ink, but I thought it would be ok for the inspiration since the main photo had a fish and that's what gave me the idea. Thank you Stef for the early post. But here it is, 2:!8am...hmmm! Have a great weekend.

Stamps: one touch of nature
Paper: black and white
Ink: versafine, versamark
Accessories: scor-pal, clear emboss powder, heat tool, pop dots, tacky tape, chalk, sponge, white gel pen, black sharpie, kraft knife, scissors

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails