Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Friday, September 19, 2008

SC123 Boo To You


I wanted to do something with ghosts and started to play around with this sketch at Splitcoaststampers. This is what I came up with. I started with old olive c/s, trimmed to fit, and used my CB square die cut for the openings in the window. I then used the CB traffic jam folder for the panels. I stamped the ghosts with white ink onto black c/s which was a larger square. I placed them the images in the windows and taped on the back. I added a roof top by cutting out a piece of black with the a tee-top and ran it through the traffic jam folder as well. I added a strip of black and scored down the middle. I cut strips for the awning. I also added a small piece of black c/s for the window frame and scored to attach. I added 2 small strips to the sides of the window. Once I had everything in place, I decided to add the googlie eyes to the ghosts for more character. I stamped 2 bats from Halloween Backgrounds onto purple c/s and sponged around the edges. I cut a strip of black c/s that would fit underneath the window pane and stamped the sentiment with white ink. I attached it with 2 ribbons and tacky tape. This was time consuming but I think it came out ok. What do you think? Have a Boo-ti-ful day!

Stamps-Halloween Backgrounds, Studio G
Cardstock-basic black, old olive, purple
Ink-Versafine black ink, white pigment ink
Supplies-cb square die cuts, cb traffic jam folder, scissors, sponge, goolie eyes, ribbon w/ribbon punch, glue dots, tacky tape, score tool

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails