Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

SC122 House Mouse Tweets


I know what you are probably thinking. Another mice card. I had this stamp just sitting there looking at me saying, "aren't you going to ink us"! You know when I bought this stamp, I said to myself...wow! That would be alot of coloring. Yes it is as a matter of fact. I almost gave up on it. But once I started I couldn't give up. I'm not a quitter. I've also wanted to try the technique using Pearl Ex. I didn't know that this stuff can get messy. You should of seen the mess on my stamping space. Next time, I have to be more careful I guess. It took me 3 different shades of greens from my Prismacolor pencils to get the house the way I wanted to look. And a little touch of a black pencil as well. I also played with some chalk too. The mice have a little bit of Diamond Glaze on them for their costumes. The leaves are are colored with the colored pencils as well. I went back over them with school glue, Bronze Pearl Ex, and the heat gun. This was a very time consuming card to do, but I'm glad that I did finish it. You would think that I would be getting tired of making these House Mouse cards but I am not. They are really fun to color and the images are just as cute as can be. Only in the stamp of course! Thanks for dropping by!

Stamps-House Mouse Tweet Treats by Stampabilities, Printworks Clear stamps (Thanksgiving Blessing), Studio G
Cardstock-rust, black, old olive, watercolor
Ink-Versafine Onyx Black
Supplies-Pearl Ex #664 Bronze, Prismacolor Pencils, blending stump, Odorless Mineral Spirits, scallop punch by Paper Studio, pop dots, glue dots, stipple brush, SU Pastels, heat gun, diamond glaze

1 comment:

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh Bonnie, it is beautiful!!! Great job! I love all of your halloween cards, in fact!

Related Posts with Thumbnails