You know I've always wanted a cat, but we never even considered one because we have a German Shepard that doesn't tolerate any kind of animal smaller than her. Well, 2 weeks ago on Sunday morning before church, my husband comes in the house to tell me that he wanted to show me something in the garage. I said, what...is it that important at 7am in the morning. He told me that it was black and white. I'm thinking it's another skunk. Because we were having a few in our backyard since we live behind an open field. Anyways, I saw it. It wasn't a skunk. It was a cute kitten. He said he saw it just walking in the front yard. Now, think about it...why would a kitten be walking the streets. I'm thinking it was dropped off. It had a collar, so I know it had belonged to someone. My kids made lost posters and everything. After a week goes by, we still have this kitten. We decided to keep it and not let the dog in the house. The kids have rules now, the dog does not come in the house at all because she'll go for the cat. Bad enough, the kitten likes to sit on the window sill and just stare outside at the dog while the dog just barks away. We will have to think up a plan as winter arrives with the dog though. But until then, the dog is fine outside. Oreo is so playful and follows me everywhere. When my sister comes to visit, I will make sure we have a cat sitter or something to get rid of the dander in the house so her daughter can visit without any allergy problems. 
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Our cat "Oreo"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















1 comment:
Oreo...Great name. I wonder if the your dog likes Oreos?
Post a Comment