Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Monday, September 22, 2008

My Birthday Weekend!




Did you have a nice weekend? It was such a beautiful this weekend that my family went on a country drive down Route 66. It was interesting to see all these little old towns and the historic buildings. Amazing! We saw tons of bikers out that day too. We ended up at this place called POPS. It's a convenience store that has over 500 different kinds of soda pop. The boysenberry was my favorite. The kids got weird flavors like cotton candy soda and sore grapes. YUCK! My husband picked out a red hot rootbeer, oh my! We saw many different types of old barns and the big red one was my favorite. It was built in 1912. I can't imaging taking Route 66 across 6 states when they had to use it years ago. It was a great day and both of my kids behaved like kings. No bickering!
The picture of the soda pop are my kids and my husband. I am not in the picture because I was taking the photo. That happens quite a few times. I need to carry my tripod more often to get with the photo. The red barn is now used for dance halls. It looks small from the outside but it's amazing on the inside. The bed and breakfast looked interesting also. Thanks for dropping by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great you had a fantastic day those places look unreal ...love to visitthat soda place

Related Posts with Thumbnails