
Did everyone have a nice Thanksgiving? It was just our family this time. We sometimes see my twin sister on this holiday because we go shopping on the Black Friday mornings. No big shopping, just the craft stores. Unfortuately, we didn't get to do that this year. She had to work! She's in Colorado and I am here in Oklahoma. Our parents are still in California, oh how I wish we could go back home, someday. Anyways, this is for the Ways to Use It challenge on www.splitcoaststampers.com for Thursday. I was just too busy to make it on Thanksgiving, so I made it, afternoon. We make it a family outing to go see the fall colors at the lake. We have been doing it since we lived in Minnesota. It's just so pretty in the Fall season there. We get a little bit of color, but it's always fun just hanging out with my family. In this picture, we just got home church and changed over, except for me. I really didn't feel like changing, so that is why I'm dressed like this. I used modge podge with decorative dp to cover the wood frame. I found these at Michaels. I have quite a stash in my room that I am hoarding. Unreal. I bought this package of thin felt squares in the size of 8x11 at Hobby Lobby when they were having their 95% off sale last week. I got 10 sheets for .25 cents. Gotta love the clearance isles. I used my Sizzix leaf die cut and secured them using glue dots. The felt flowers came like that, also found on the clearance rack at HL for $1.25, whoo who! I added ribbon to the inside and outside edges to hide the raw edges of the wood. I tied 3 ribbons on the right side and added buttons to the bottom. I used stickers from the House Mouse collection, attached to vanilla c/s, and secured them using glue dots. This is what I am Thankful for. My healthy loving, supportive family. Have a wonderful and blessed day!
Paper: MME dp, SU Vanilla
Supplies: Modge Podge, foam brush, ribbon, felt, felt flowers, Sizzix leaf die cut, buttons, stickers, tacky tape, glue dots
Friday, November 28, 2008
WT194 Thankful for Our Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















No comments:
Post a Comment