
I started this sketch late last night, actually as soon as it hit the computer around midnight. I ended up going to bed around 3am. My husband looked at me kinda funny and says "Don't you ever get any sleep?" I have been learning from others on SCS, that you can go outside the box when producing a card sketch. I started with Chocolate Chip c/s as the base of the card. I used my square punch placing it over the flower on the dp. I then used the CB Textile folder on all 4 of them. I used the CB Flower borders for the vanilla pieces, spacing with the same panel on each. I thought about it several times for the look I wanted to achieve and came up with this idea using the square medallion with my decorative corner punch. I saw the new tutorial on Becca Feekers blog here www.amazingpapergrace.com. I punched between the lines instead of on the lines. I stamped the sentiment from Stampabilities called True Friends with black ink onto MME dp. I also made an extra backing piece to make it more steady. It's like a sandwich. There are mini glue dots in between the CC and the DP to make it stand out a little. I added a piece of satin ribbon and tied with a bow. I'm still learning the ribbon tying too. The medallion is placed on with pop dots. I added a silk flower with a fabric brad (which I clipped the brad prongs off to look like a button). I also used my corner punches. I added mini rhinestones to complete the look. I liked how this all came together and hope you do to. I had a really fun time doing this challenge. Have a great day!
I happened to check out today's Limit Supplies Challenge on SCS and it said to use anything that involves Chocolate. So, I decided to change the name and use it for the challenge. 
Stamps: True Friends by Stampabilities
Cardstock: SU Chocolate Chip, SU Very Vanilla, MME DP
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Supplies: CB Textile folder, CB Flower borders folder, decorative corner punch, corner punch, Friskars lace corner punch, square punch, rhinestones, satin ribbon, silk flower, fabric brad, scissors, pop dots, glue dots
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
LSC195, SC203 Chocolate Square Punch Medallion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















No comments:
Post a Comment