Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

CC193 I Love Gingerbread Men


What a great day to stay indoors and stamp. It is a bit on the chilly side, oh about 39 degrees here. I still walked around the lake too. It actually felt good. When I saw the color challenge last night on SCS, I knew what I wanted to create something with gingerbread men. These are their colors. This card was fun to make, but I could make gingerbread men and houses all day long. I actually collect anything to do with this cute little men. I started out by using the CB Houndstooth on the kraft and red c/s. I had these scrapbook wavy borders from way back when I was first introduced to scrapbooking. Now they are usually in a place in my misc stash of things. I decided to use them here. I stamped the gingerbread men and candy onto kraft paper. I colored them using Prismacolor pencils, used clear embossing powder, and heat gun. Cut out with scissors. I stamped the sentiment from the Sweet Holidays and used the heritage corner punch on 2 sides on the layers. The gingerbread men and candy are on the jute with a small piece of tacky tape and pop dots. I also used the white gel pen for the gingerbread men. I added button hearts to finish. I had bought the MS gingerbread men border punch too but I couldn't make it work in this card. Darn! This was really a fun challenge and great colors too. Stay warm!

Stamps: SU Sweet Holidays, SU Gingerbread
House
Cardstock: Kraft, Red Brazzill, Black Brazzill, Georgia Pacific (white)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Supplies: CB Houndstooth folder, friskars heritage corner punch, Prismacolor Pencils, clear emboss powder, heat gun, heart buttons, white gel pen, glue dots, pop dots, scrapbook wavy borders, tacky tape, jute, eyelets, scissors

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a super car Bonnie, good job keeping up with the challenges. Wish I could play.

Related Posts with Thumbnails