This was a tough challenge for me. We had to make a card from Limited Supplies Challenge on www.splitcoaststampers.com using pink, embellishments, and an animal. But after awhile and lots of planning, I decided to make a card for my friends pig farm in Minnesota. I had a really fun time making this for him. Ok, here is the story. This whole card except for the road is done with water color paper. I punched out a circle for the sun with the CM circle punch and used it as the template for the stencil. Sponged inside with yellow. Used the circle part as the sun, sponged with yellow, more mustard for the second sun. Set aside. I sponged lightly with blue ink all around the sky and added the sun using mini pop dots. I stamped the trees with green ink randomly using the stamp off stamp on method...meaning stamp your image onto your card, then stamp the image on another piece of paper, then back on your card. I stamped 3 more trees and cut out. I used clear emboss powder with the heat gun for all 3. I ripped a piece of black paper and added white lines using my white galaxy pen. I ripped the green grass, sponged it with old olive, stamped little flowers onto it with brown stazon. I used my Prismacolor pencils on all the flowers with OMS, and blending stumps. I stamped the truck twice with black ink, colored, and cut. The top truck is done using the watercolor pencils technique. I hand wrote "Dan's Pig Farm" with a black pen. I cut out the tires so the other truck wheels would show through the top. I added the back side of velcro fasteners as my wheels (already were round) and used a brad for the center hub cap. I stamped the pig twice using black ink, colored with pencils, and cut out. The truck and the pig have pop dots in between them. I added the trees using mini pop dots as well. I added snow flurries on the card with liquid applique. I stamped Happy Anniversary and wrote the number "10" on shrinky dinks, punched a hole, and baked for 3 minutes. I also added the ribbon and snowflake. This was a real challenge for me to use pink. So, hopefully he looks past the pink as the base of my card. I think I covered all the requirements for this challenge. Do you think so? I'm sorry that you had to read the same story as my gallery on SCS. But, that's ok for this one. Have a nice night!
Stamps: SU Loads of Love, SU On the Farm, Studio G
Cardstock: SU Pretty in Pink, black, watercolor paper by Cold Press (140lb)
Ink: SU Bliss Blue, SU Garden Green, SU Old Olive, SU More Mustard, SU Yoyo Yellow, Versafine Onyx Black, Saddle Brown Stazon
Supplies: Shrinky Dinks, CM Circle punch, Prismacolor Pencils, Odorless Mineral Spirits, blending stumps, brads, pop dots, glue dots, liquid applique, velcro, snowflake button, black pen, ribbon, silver cording, kraft knife





















1 comment:
Very cute! I love all of the glitter!
Post a Comment