Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Monday, November 24, 2008

A Gift for You!



Would you miss your daily walk for a challenge on SCS? Well, that's what I did this morning. I couldn't wait to play. The challenge was to make a Pop up gift card holder. I decided to add an ornament to the front, so the person receiving this can put it on their Christmas tree. As we went grocery shopping at Walmart yesterday, my husband went one way in the store, whereas, I went the other way and I went to see if my store had these clear stamps. I have most of them, but didn't have the alphabets. So I sneaked them into the cart. My husband wanted to know how they got in the cart and pass the register without him seeing them. If he only knew. You have to distract his attention and slip them into the bag. He really doesn't mind that I buy stamps or anything like that. Ok, onto my gift card. Inside: I stamped the sentiment using the stamps that I mentioned before from Walmart and mounted it to white c/s. Added a snowflake. I stamped snowflakes with burgundy and silver inks onto the blue c/s. I used the CM circle cutter, MS snowflake punch, and added a rhinestone for the flap of the gift card. Outside: I cut a piece of DP and used the CB snowflake folder and attached to the front of the card. I wanted to add a little character to my gift card, so I created a circle medallion using the decorative corner punch. I made 2 of these out of burgundy c/s. I used the CM circle cutter for the image on the snowman to fit inside. I colored the image using Prismacolor pencils, versamark pen, clear emboss powder, and heat gun. I added diamond dust to the ground and liquid applique for the outline of the snow. I then added mini pop dots to the front and back of the medallion sandwiched between the snowman to make it pop out. I punched 4 blue and 4 silver MS snowflakes, sprayed adhesive, and added diamond dust for the sparkle. Remember to wear gloves or something on your hands if you are going to work with spray adhesive, because afterwards, I was so STICKY.
I added an eyelet, silver cording, and metallic ribbon to complete. I wanted something to make the ornament come off the card, so I looked through my sewing stash and found some velcro. I had my thinking cap again! So I added a small piece to the top of the card and also to the back of the ornament. It really isn't all that noticeable once the ornament if off the card. I also added satin ribbon to tie it shut. I will be making more of these as gifts for teachers, friends, and the bus driver. Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: SU Bundle Up, SU A Christmas Wish, Walmart clear stamps (alphabets)
Cardstock: SU Bravo Burgundy, SU Bliss Blue, DCWV Metallic silver, white (Georgia Pacific), Sandylion DP
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, silver, Bravo Burgundy
Supplies: CM circle cutter, CB snowflake folder, MS snowflake punch, decorative corner punch, Prismacolor pencils, clear emboss powder, diamond dust, heat gun, versamark pen, liquid applique, pop dots, glue dots, spray adhesive, rhinestones, metallic ribbon, cording, satin ribbon, velcro

1 comment:

The Mama Monkey said...

Very clever idea and is so beautiful, too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails