Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

SC204 HM Star Bright


You know it might help me better with my cards if I get some SLEEP! I have been working around the clock with card making, gifts, school projects, and so on. All of a sudden I have really been in the mood to just stamp and experience new techniques. These colors are really outside the box for me. I wanted to do the sketch challenge on SCS and incorporate the image for the www.housemousechallenge.com using the polka dots. I bought this MME glitter Christmas Stack up at Michaels not knowing what I was going to use it for. Like everyone else, I love paper. I need more though, not according to my husband. I stamped the mouse using brown stazon ink onto white c/s. I colored the image using Prismacolor pencils, odorless mineral spirits, and blending stumps. I used 2 different types of green pencils for the grass to give it a different look. I used clear the versamark pen, embossing powder, and used the heat gun to set it on the mouse and grass. I made a strip of pink c/s for the strip in the middle, but I had made 2 different ones. I had a tough time with the ribbon too. I accidently cut the ribbon shorter on one side but wasn't able to tie it just right. In other words, I had to make up something to cover my mistake. I just made the bow and added it separetly. One thing that really amazes me is that, you have to think outside the box sometimes to make your stuff work for you. I didn't have any gold pearls, so I decided to use the brads. Except that I didn't want the bumpy look from the brad to appear on the front. I took the scissors and cut them off. Now, no bumps and they fit perfectly on the card. I hope this fits the challenge for House Mouse. I was going through the gallery on SCS and noticed another person used somewhat the same type of glitter paper because I really didn't want to start all over. But I continued with it anyhow, but at least we used different images. The sentiment came from those new Walmart clear stamps. Well, I better get something done around this house,like make some pies. I love pumpkin pie, do you? Happy Thanksgiving!

Stamps: House Mouse-Mice Star (Stapabilities), sentiment (Walmart clear)
Cardstock: SU Camel Coral, SU Ruby Red, SU Summer Fun, SU Whisper White, SU Old Olive, MME Christmas Glitter Mat Stack (Michaels)
Ink: Brown Stable Stazon, gold metallic
Supplies: CB Swiss Dots folder, corner punch, ticket corner punch, clear emboss powder, versamark pen, heat gun, Friskars scallop border punch, gold metallic ribbon, brads (cut off prongs), sponge

8 comments:

Emma said...

Such a fabulous and cute card. Thanks for joining in. x

The Mama Monkey said...

Love it Bonnie!!!

Nancy said...

Bonnie, this is a very sweet card and as a newcomer to the group and to card making, I am thrilled that you listed what you used. All these cards are just wonderful.
Nancy

Sharon said...

Lovely card and the colours are gorgeous.

Gabigabs said...

So very cute. I totally ave to get that stamp. Love how you colored it.

Connie said...

This is so cute Bonnie....love the coloring.

Your sis

Els G. said...

Such a fabulous card! Love the colours and papers!
Els
x

theneon said...

what a wonderful choice of colors -- beautifully executed. Thanks for sharing. Martha Kay

Related Posts with Thumbnails