Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Stained Glass Angel


I want to first say that I am really sorry for the bad picture. My camera has been acting up with the flash, so I try to get the best light I could. Also, tried to scan the photo but I'm learning that part too. Here's my story. This card took a bit longer than I anticipated but that's ok. It was a perfect day for stamping with it being so cold outside. When I saw this stamp at HL, I knew I wanted to make it into a stained glass card. I followed Beate's instructions in the Resources at SCS. I also incorporated 3 challenges in this card. The only thing I didn't have was the embossing buddy in the tutorial. So, I looked online to see what I can substitute it. It said to use Corn Starch with a sock. You got to have things tucked away in your pantry, because you just never know when you'll use them. I told my husband about it, he's like "WHAT!" Then I patted the vellum with it to make the ink hold. I stamped this image with Versafine onyx black ink. Let dry. Then I used the clear emboss powder, heat set. I loved doing the next part. I flipped the image over and colored the image using the Bic Mark It markers and a white gel pen. Let dry. I wanted to stay with the colors for the challenge of CC192 using Not Quite Navy, Celery, and gray. I attached the completed image onto vanilla c/s the same piece of vellum with a tiny strip of tacky tape. I added gold foil paper to the back and left 1/8 of an inch to fold back over the front (this hides the tacky tape inside the vellum). The corners were used as part of the WT191 challenge for using my corner rounder. I added a piece of sheer ribbon and gold cording from CTMH and tied. The layout challenge is SC199. I hope it works for this. The image is just a bit bigger. I used gray and celery c/s as the layout. I used the CB Swirl folder then colored the swirls using the gold metallic pen. Then used clear embossing on all 3 pieces of the c/s. I used 2 star punches and hand written the sentiment with a Unibal Black pen. The image and the star is held on with pop dots. I really enjoyed making this card.
Have a great night!

Stamps: Angelica by Stampendous
Cardstock:SU Not Quite Navy, SU Celery, SU Gray, SU Vanilla, gold foil paper, vellum, scrap of yellow
Ink:Versafine Onyx Black
Supplies:CB Swirl folder, star punches, Bic Mark It Markers, white gel pen, gold metallic pen, CTMH Sheer ribbon & cording, clear embossing powder, heat gun, CM corner rounder, tacky tape, pop dots, black unibal pen

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails