Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Santa's Pearls


This was really a huge challenge for me to do today. I had a sick son home from school. In between incidents with him, I managed to get this card done. I combined 2 challenges for this card. The colors for this challenge CC194 was to use Really Rust, Gray, and Vanilla. The other challenge was WT193...meaning ways to use it. I used the pearls. Needless to say, I struggled with this challenge. I didn't have any gray as requested, but I thought the silver metallic would work as good. Believe me, I didn't start off with this image. I had about 3 going there for awhile. I couldn't get my other choices to work. I didn't really want to spend alot of time coloring on my card. I have been up night and day stamping trying to get these challenges done. Plus, all the other things I have going on throughout the day. So this worked out for me. I started out by using the CB Swirls folder on the vanilla c/s. I then colored the swirls using the silver metallic marker. I used versamark, clear embossing powder, and the heat gun twice. To get it the glossy look. I also stamped the Santa Claus with silver ink onto vanilla c/s. I trimmed off the excess from the c/s of the santa because I wanted the look to be close to the paper. I didn't want any gap from the sides of the stamp. The same technique with the embossing was done with the image and the sentiment as with the swirl folder. I added different size pearls to this mustache that had a snowflake. I used wired silver ribbon, tied it together with the sheer cream ribbon, added a snowflake brad (I cut off the backing), and attached a pearl to the center. It is held on with a glue dot. I really had fun making this card, but I wish it wouldn't of taken me most of the day. I hope you like what you see. Have a great night! TFL!

Stamps: Santa Collage by Delta (Michaels), sentiment from Hero Arts
Cardstock: Bazzill Black, SU Really Rust, SU Very Vanilla, DCWV Silver Metallic
Ink: Silver Metallic (Colorbox)
Supplies: CB Swirl folder, wired silver ribbon, sheer cream ribbon, pearls, clear embossing powder by Deep Impressions, silver metallic marker, snowflake brad, scissors, glue dots, tacky tape

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails