Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Christmas Penguin Snow Globe Card


You know as I was out doing my errands this afteroon, an idea came to my mind. I couldn't wait to get home and start on it. My penpals have been wondering also. I have seen snow globes in stores, magazines, things out of recycled items, but none as a card. I've always wanted to get my kids a snow globe but never found the right one. I just don't want to buy one just to buy it. I want it to be special and that my kids can look at it and Believe! I decided to make a card instead. I don't remember where the original idea came from but I drew the template to the best of my knowledge. I started out by tracing the template onto white c/s. There's 2 dotted line areas for the fold of the card (1 inch on the ball and 1 inch on the base).
1st Step: From the template, I traced another circle onto white c/s and cut out. This will be your globe. 2nd Step: From the template, I traced the base onto gold c/s and cut out. Set aside. 3rd Step: I took the circle and stamped the image with black ink. I colored the penguin using Prismacolor Pencils. This part can get very sticky and get on your hands if you are not careful. I've done that several times. I used spray adhesive on the whole circle and sprinkled glitter on the globe. OMG! You should see me now. I just sparkle. Set aside. 4th Step: This is where you add the ribbon or however you want to decorate it, before you glue the base on the card. I added ribbon which gave me a little trouble, but I think it looks ok. I stamped the sentiment from Studio G, sponged the edges with gold, and attached. 5th Step: This part is tricky also. I like to use tacky tape on cards like these, because it holds alot stronger. I carefully laid the globe down 1st making sure it covers the base of the card (the whole card). It leaves 1/4 inch part of the globe on the bottom but it will cover up once you attach the base. Add the base to the card. Oops! I wrote my story almost for the directions, sorry. This was fun to make. I hope you like it. ! Have a great night!

Stamps: Hampton Art-Penguin, Believe! (from Michaels), Studio G (sentiment)
Cardtsock: Georgia Pacific (Walmart), Gold glossy
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, gold
Supplies:Prismacolor Pencils, spray adhesive, glitter, tacky tape, scissors, grosgrain ribbon, window punch, sponge

1 comment:

Kim's Life said...

Love it...I'm gonna have to CASE it!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails