Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Inspiration from Fabric


My sister sent me this fabric that is in the picture to make a quilt. I had it sitting on my sewing table and it kept telling me to make a card with it. This is what I came up with. I used multiple stamp sets to make it happen. I started out with the circle spot from Little Shapes and stamped 1 time for each color ink onto watercolor paper. I distressed the edges of the card. I then used the lemon from the Fanciful Favorites to go back over the spots. I stamped the flower with leaves from the Smorgasbord set. I stamped with 2 different colors of ink for each fruit. I used my primascolor pencils to outline the inside of the seed area for each and used my blending stump with mineral spirits. I also watercolored the green stems too. I added small prima flowers and attached mini rhinestones to the center of the flowers. I also added a flower rhinestone and stamped the word grateful from Small Script. After the front of the card was finished. I mounted it onto the base of the card. Then I used my frosted lace stickles inside the seed areas of the fruit. I really had fun with my inspiration. Now, its time to make a quilt using the fabric.
Have a delightful day!
Bonnie

1 comment:

Connie said...

Bonnie, that is so very pretty. Love how you took the inspiration from the fabric.

Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails