Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day Mom


This is my mom's Mother's Day card I made. I will send it out tomorrow. I wanted to incorporate my twin sister's and I picture that was taken at the beach when we were 2 years old. We are now 43 years old. My sister stamped me some images for me awhile ago and I found it perfect for Mothers Day.

I started out by using the CB swirls folder onto taken with teal c/s. I also used the same cb folder on the dp. I used sandpaper for the white swirls on the dp. I also used my ruler that tears the paper for you on the top of the brown for the outline of the sand. I used my distress tool around the edges of the card base. I used my distressed tea dye ink around the card too. I colored the image using my primascolor pencils with mineral spirits. I used the same technique around the image with my distress tools and sponges. I used 2 different size scallop punches for the picture of my twin sister and I and attached. I then took my galaxy white pen and made dots around it. I added 2 primas with bronze colors brads for the flowers. Both images are on with pop dot squares. I made the small die cut from my CB mini tags, jute, and hole punch to tie a bow. I hand wrote the sentiment. This was really fun to make. This image reminds me of my twin and I. I'm sure mom will love this. I will enclose a poem on the inside of the card.
Happy Mothers Day to all those moms!
Bonnie

1 comment:

Connie said...

That's the cutest card Bonnie. Love how you put our picture in it too. Can I have a card like that? I want to frame it.

Love your twin sister Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails