I've been very busy here lately with life in general. My son's graduation, my foot surgery, and just about anything else.
Today, I was in the mood for some Americana cards. It dawned on me after I made this card for SC177 challenge over at www.splitcoaststampers.com that Marines don't like to be called Soldiers. I started out stamping the stars from Stars and Swirls with Night of Navy ink onto the same color cardstock. I also stamped some smaller stars from the Star Spangled Day set too. I bought the Soldier stamp from Hobby Lobby made by Paper Inspirations. I stamped the sentiment onto Georgia Pacific white cardstock bought at Walmart. Great deal, by the way. You find it in the copy paper section. If you purchase it, make sure it reads cardstock. I wouldn't of known about it if it weren't for the SCS forums. Anyways, back to the description of the card. I mounted it to red brazzil c/s, sponge dauber, and my distress tool around the edges. I stamped some stripes for the wavy lines with red ink. I trimmed a line with scissors and used my decorative blade cutting tool for the ends. I embossed 2 stars with clear powder with my heat gun and used my star punch. I also added 2 eyelets and yellow ribbon to finish the card. This was a challenge in itself.
Have a great Memorial weekend!
Bonnie
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Cards for Troops!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















1 comment:
Very nice - Happy Memorial Day.
Post a Comment