Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Life is a Picnic!


I picked this cute stamp up at HL and I wanted to use it so bad. I started out by using my decorative scissors around the green background paper by DCVW. I stamped the little grass images from Roughing it as if the bee was sitting on the grass. I used my paper tearing ruler for the gingham dp. I stamped the watermelon bee onto whisper white c/s with black stazon. I then used my primascolor pencils with mineral spirits for the coloring. I started to mount it to black c/s but didn't look right so I trimmed the image close just barely showing. I picked the ribbon up at HL when they were having a huge clearance on a few years ago and thought it would work great with this card. The gingham dp is held on with pop dot squares. I attached some felt flowers with rhinestones in the corner. I used diamond glaze for the watermelon, liquid applique for the salt, and stickles for the twinkling from the bees antlers. I wish I had some ants to put on this card. Oh well!
Thanks for dropping by!
Bonnie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute card ......love that bee....guess I have to go visit HL now........

:) Pearl

Related Posts with Thumbnails