Hmmm, when I saw the Ways to Use challenge for today on SCS and it was to make an envelope card or have your card containing an envelope in it. I knew what I had in mind. Yes, I browsed the internet to get an idea but this layout of the basic card idea I thought of. Because it reminded me of the day back in 6th grade camp. My mom used to send me and my sister mail with a folded card with a message inside. I still have it after all these years. This is the tutorial I found and I changed a few things to make it my own style. Dawn's Envelope Card. It took me a little time to complete but the outcomes is great, at least I thought it was. My husband thought I did too much on it. After following her tutorial, I gave mine a panel on the top layer, then lined it on the outside with curvy scrapbook borders and scored where needed. I also used the Cuttlebug Houndstooth folder on the Kraft paper. I added velcro to the top inside and the bottom so when the person receiving this is able to open it easy. I used 5 different stamp sets for this card. Did you notice the postage stamp? That is from the SU Vintage Postcard set. This was my very first set I bought from SU. The instructions to make this card is on the tutorial by Dawn but I scored my panel accordingly. She doesn't use a panel. I was trying to find something that would make a perfect fit to go inside the envelope, so my husband suggested a gift card. Money would work but only if you fold it. Since I like to be perfect or at least try to be, the money option didn't work...because you had to fold it. So I stayed with the gift card. All the gingerbread figures and house were stamped on Kraft paper and colored with Prismacolor pencils. They were also embossed with clear powder, heat tool, and cut out. I used the white gel pen for the frosting. I had mounted the gingerbread house with a little tacky tape half way in order for the card to still open as a flap. Who would of ever thought to use a lunch bag in our card making, unreal. But I am glad that I found this. So easy to do, looks hard...but really easy! Thanks for dropping by!
Stamps: SU Vintage Postcard, SU Sweet Holiday, SU Gingerbread House, SU Gingerbread Christmas, and a Studio G stamp (small gingerbread man on inside flap)
Cardstock: Bazzill Red, Kraft, SU Whisper White
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Supplies: CB Houndstooth folder, Prismacolor Pencils, clear emboss powder, versamark pen, heat tool, white gel pen, slit punch, circle punch, scissors, glue dots, tacky tape, Scor-pal, paper lunch bag, misc curvy borders





















1 comment:
This is so cute! That gingerbread house looks so real and sparkly! Awesome job!
Post a Comment