Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Golden Tree

 
Well, one thing led to another on this card. I was playing around with my MS leaf branch punch and thought maybe I could make a tree out of them. So that's what I did. I first made a stencil of a tall trianagle and cut out. I place the stencil over the cardstock where the tree would be going. I clipped it together with a binder clip to hold in place and I sprayed adhesive on it. I took the stencil off and I quickly laid all 30 branches out for the tree. I added a little more branches as I was putting on the lights. I stamped the lights, embossed them using clear powder heat set, and cut out with my kraft knife. They are on the tree with glue dots. I used a regular size hole punch as the ornaments and added glitter. The tree base is a buckle punch with ribbon through it. This was actually kinda fun to build, but very tidius to do. Just wanted to share. Have a great night!

Cardstock: DCWV gold metallic, Red Bazill, kraft, scraps of green, scrap of yellow glitter (star)
Supplies: rhinestones, MS leaf branch punch, hole punch, ticket corner punch, spray adhesive, pencil, scissors, star punch, clear emboss powder, heat gun, versamark pen, glue dots,CB swiss dots folder, gold metallic pen

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How original and beautiful...love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails