Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

SC195 WT188 Christmas Puppy

 
Like I was mentioning before, I've been busy lately and it has been tough for me to keep up with these challenges at SCS. But I have been doing them, just really late at night, sometimes to wee hours of the morning. They are addicting. Anyways, I combined 2 challenges in this card. The sketch for this challenge is SC195 at www.splitcoaststampers.com and the other one is Ways To Use It for plaids. I couldn't wait to use this stamp by Inkadinkado. When I saw it, I just had to have it. I made this for a particular friend of mine. She loves her puppy. She's always sharing some silly stories about her puppy too. I couldn't help myself, but I had to use the plaid even though I thought of a Scotty dog the whole time I was putting this card together. I used the CB Houndstooth folder on the green and plaids and mounted them. I had these square brads in my stash and thought they would go great here. It's one of them things that I had to have. Don't we all have to have something that we hardly ever use? I stamped the dog with black ink, then shaded him using a soft gray Prismacolor pencil for areas like the chin, below the ears, and legs. I didn't blend them this time with the Goo Gone because I didn't think it really needed it. I used the versamark pen, clear embossing powder, and the heat gun to the color, antlers, and hat. It was a little hard for me to not have to color the dog or use embossing powder. I'm not used to just doing half of something, but I like how it turned out. I added gold pearls to the collar with mini glue dots. I also used the corner punch and added a brad. The image and the corner punch are held on with dimensions to give it a 3D effect. I really hope my friend likes it, because I had fun making it for her. Thanks for dropping by! Have a wonderful night!

Posted by Picasa


Stamps: Inkadinkado
Cardstock: Bazzill Black and Red, SU Old Olive, SU Whisper White, Paper Studio DP
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Supplies: CB Houndstooth folder, Prismacolor Pencils, versamark pen, clear emboss powder, heat gun, square brads, satin ribbon, gold pearls, corner punch, glue dots, pop dots, sponge

1 comment:

Connie said...

Cute Bonnie! Love the plaid and the beads on the collar.

Your sis

Related Posts with Thumbnails