It's the night owl again! Again, my husband asked me if I knew what a bed was. It was 4am when he came upstairs. He just left for work. Yes, I stayed up all night again, but its really the only time my imagination comes to life. It's so quiet and I have my easy listening music on. I made this card for the Inspiration Challenge. It didn't take me long to figure out which one inspired me. I chose the Christmas category because that is what I am working on, so far as cards go. Here is the item that inspired me
Images under Glass. I love Poinsettias. Believe me, this isn't my first attempt at trying to make this happen. After I got my first one made, I tried just to see what would happen if I went back over the stamped, colored, and embossed look again but in different areas on the vellum. It didn't look good at all, so I threw that away and started again. By this time, it was going on 2am. I'm so glad that my second one came out because I was nervous about coloring it. If you remember, I stayed up all night the night before. I go through this during this time of year with everything going on like school projects, volunteering my time at my kids schools, household things, and things like that. Anyways here is my story. After seeing my inspiration, I knew I wanted to make it into a stained glass pendant. I had already made a stain glass card before so, I knew about the instructions which was great. I dabbed the vellum with my cornstarch sock only for the ink not to run. I use this because I don't have an embossing buddy. Works great! I started out with a piece of clear vellum and carefully stamped the poinsettia with Versamark ink. I did the same thing with the leaves. I stamped both images separately all at once, so I can pour the embossing powder on them together. Does this make sense? I had a couple of poinsettia stamps, but I figured this poinsettia would work better for the stained glass look. I used white embossing powder and carefully dusted the areas that I didn't want heated. Heat set. I flipped the stamped vellum over for the coloring. See Beate's tutorial for stain glass in the Resources over at www.splitcoaststampers.com. I used my Bic Mark it markers to color the poinsettias and the leaves using the colors that they are. A little time consuming and I thought for sure I was going to mess it up, since I should of been sleeping by now at 2am. I also used the CM corner rounder. Once it was done with the coloring, I started with the ribbon. I remembered a short cut for ribbon tying from Kitty found here rubberneckerstamps. WOW! It works great. I have 2 small glue dots not visible from the outside holding the ribbon on and the stamped vellum is attached with Zip Dry Glue. I tried to make the ribbon look like the chain around the pendant in the inspiration piece by adding silver rhinestones to it. I used the CB mini tag die cuts and stamped the sentiment using a clear stamp from Walmart. I embossed it using red powder. I attached the pendant and tied underneath the bow. I really liked this challenge and I'm looking forward to more in the future. Does it look somewhat like the inspiration picture? When the light hits the card, it looks like I embossed in gold. But I didn't. Sorry for the long post! Thanks for dropping by and have a wonderful weekend!
Stamps: Studio G (Poinsettia) HL Christmas $2 stamp (leaf) Walmart (sentiment)
Cardstock: SU Whisper White, Vellum (clear)
Ink: Versamark
Supplies: DP Impressions white and red embossing powder, heat tool, cornstarch with sock (substitute for embossing buddy), Mark It Colored Markers by Bic, CB mini die cut tag, Zip Dry Glue, glue dots, rhinestones, wired ribbon, silver cording





















1 comment:
Stunning Bonnie....love the glass look too.
Connie J.
Post a Comment