Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Penguins

 
Ok, I am caught up with the current challenges and now I am working on my pen pal cards. This is a card that I cased from Karen found here at www.CardoftheWeek.com Of course, I enhanced it more to fit my needs. I seem to do that when I case a card to make it more personal to me. Anyhow, for my pen pal cards I try to make them flat with little bumps. The less bumps, the less trouble at the post office. I'll do a few different ones so that way each pen pal doesn't get the same card. On to my story: I used the same idea as in Karen's card but I changed a few things like the use of the Cuttlebug. I used the CB Swiss Dots folder on the Night of Navy c/s for the sky. I went over the dots using the white gel pen. I never used Rub-Ons before, so I used them here for the snowflakes. I ripped 2 pieces of white c/s and sponged the rough edge of the paper with the same color ink as the c/s. I stamped the sentiment at this time. I then used the CB Bubbles folder for the snow. I thought about using the liquid applique in some areas of the snow, but that would just add more bumps and more feeling around by the postal clerk. I hate that when that happens. It happens every time I go to the post office. Maybe it's because I get the same clerk. Everytime I do go, I pray that I don't get the same lady to help me. It wouldn't of looked good all smooched. The colored edge appears to the penguins like water. I attached accordingly. I stamped the penguins from a stamp from Stampendous that had 3 of them on it with ice skates. The penguins are stamped onto white c/s using black ink. I colored the scarfs and beak with Prismacolor pencils. I went back over the black part of the penguin using my Bic it Marker. I wanted the penguins to look like they just came out of the water, so I used my versamarker pen, clear emboss powder, and applied the heat tool to set. They appear shiny. I added liquid applique to the hat and earmuffs. I cut all 3 out. I placed the penguins just a little bit underneath the snow with glue. I added sheer ribbon with silver cording to complete the card. I think it turned out cute. What do you think? Thanks for looking and have a wonderful night.

Stamps: Stampendous (Polka Penguins), Studio G (sentiment)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Night of Navy
Ink: Night of Navy
Supplies: CB Swiss Dots and CB Bubbles folders, Prismacolor pencils, clear emboss powder, heat tool, HL rub-ons, rhinestones, CTMH sheer ribbon, silver cording

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, I LOVE this card! Soooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Bonnie I love this card!! What a great idea.

Connie said...

Bonnie, Kaitlyn loves your penguins too.
Cute card.

Connie J.

Anonymous said...

So cute Bonnie! The little penguins are precious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails