Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Friday, March 28, 2008

It's Spongebob!


My son has another b-day party to attend this weekend and the 6yr old girl loves Spongebob. This is what I came up with. It has no stamping in it but is very time consuming.

I started out using barely banana card stock as the base card. I took another piece of the same paper, trimmed to fit the card, and used my CB Bubbles folder. I wanted the bubbles the opposite way, so I flipped the folder over to get the spongy look. I used tacky tape to secure it to the base of the card. Then the creating part comes. I got all my Creative Memories Oval cutting system out and my CM circle punches. I hand drew the nose and trimmed to fit the black also. The tongue is used by my Cuttlebug Heart die cuts and trimmed. The cheeks gave me a bit of a problem though. Finally, I just used 2 circle punches, sharpies, and ran it through the CB bubble folder as well. I'm not very good at using decorative scissors because I can never get the cut of shape just right, but I think I did pretty good on his shirt. I showed this to my son and his eyes got SO BIG and said WOW!

Have a nice weekend!
Bonnie

2 comments:

laos348 said...

This is brillant - you did an awesome job!! Very clever!

chicoreco said...

very nice card--I am sure it will be a hit with the kids at the party
Tara

Related Posts with Thumbnails