Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

WT196 Forever Friends

 

Posted by Picasa

Well, I still have the pencil lead in my foot. It is wrapped with a yellow onion hoping it will fall out tomorrow. It is sure painful. Anyhow, while I was out shopping today, I kept thinking about how I was going to do the Half Baked Challenge. I decided it was going to look like a Best Friends pendant necklace only on a card. I started out by using the versamark on the vellum paper and stamped the heart. I added silver emboss power with the heat gun. I did the same thing for the sentiment of "Forever Friends". I cut the heart in 2 pieces down the middle. I then mounted it onto Sage Shadow c/s. If I didn't have it mounted to it, then you wouldn't of been able to see the sentiment as good. I then mounted it to vanilla c/s leaving about 1/4 inch. I made a scallop edge of the heart with my decorative scissors. The heart is mounted with 3D dimensions for a flattering effect onto glitter dp from MME. I used the heart decorative corner punch on the MME DP and also the ticket corner punch. It is mounted onto vanilla c/s. I sponged the vanilla c/s with silver ink and added silver brads. I added the metallic ribbon to finish it. This will go to one of my friends and hope they will like it. I enjoyed this and I thought this stamp worked great for this challenge. Thank you for your comments and thanks for looking. Have a great night.

I'm sorry that I'm not sure of the color of the base of the card. Can you help me out? Looks almost like a dark teal.

Please note that the card is silver and not gold. It appears that way due to the lighting. Sorry.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails