Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

FS97 Our Hero Marine

 

Posted by Picasa

I'm soooo late with this challenge, but I think my mind and body told me I needed sleep last night. I went to bed about 10, not normal for me. My husband says I'm like the energizer bunny. Plus, I had volunteered at our church today doing Christmas ornaments. I knew when I saw Cards of America I wanted to case her Army card. I had a bit of trouble with it because the Marines is longer on the paper verses the Army, so I cut my paper a little shorter. I think it worked ok. I used the star dp by Karen Foster as the background. I sponged, distressed the edges with Brushed Corduroy ink, and used the piercing tool along the edges. I used cranberry for the bottom layer and did the same technique. I stamped the MARINE onto vanilla c/s with the brushed corduroy ink. I colored the marine using the prismacolor pencils, odorless mineral spirts, and blending stumps. Cut out. I mounted him onto sage green c/s after I had pierced the holes. I added 2 star brads to the corner. Then layered onto star dp and navy c/s. The Marine dp is layered on with pop dots and also pierced with tiny holes. I didn't have any ribbon the color of cranberry so I made my own by coloring white Offray ribbon with orange and red markers to get the cranberry color. I stamped the words "our hero" onto a CB tag and inserted the ribbon. My husband wants to frame this. He likes it too. I wish this wouldn't of taken me so long to do, but our church needed me today. Thanks for looking and thanks for the inspiration along with the challenge. Have a great night!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails