Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

CC200 Finding Nemo

 

Posted by Picasa

Did you notice the shape of this card? That's because I like to be different when it comes to creating. I like coming up with different types of cards because sometimes the regular size gets boring after a while. I finally completed this color challenge after a long day with a horrible headache. Ended up sleeping all day. I hate that when it happens like that. Darn! Anyways, we were to use the colors pumpkin pie, garden green, and brilliant blue. When I thought of these colors, many ideas came to mind...but decided to do fish. I started out making a fish bowl template and cutting it out with scissors placing the top of the bowl on the fold. I cut an extra piece for the top so I am working with this piece and not right on the actual piece...make sense! I used the cb swirls folder and sponged with the blue ink. I then took the versamark ink, clear emboss powder, and heat tool to set. Sponged with more blue ink afterwards. I stamped the sand from the Fish Frolics set several times on the bottom of the fish bowl. I punched out several leafs with the green c/s using MS leaf punch and secured them on using spray adhesive carefully. Sponged with green ink also. I didn't have any tiny shells, so I used stickers. I stamped the fish from Fishy Friends onto black bazzill c/s (works great for the bleach technique) with versamark ink, embossed with black powder, and heat tool. I took my bleach pen, dipped it into the bleach, and onto to the fish until it started to fade the color out. Let dry for a few seconds. I then used the orange marker to fill in the fish. I used the white gel pen for the stripes. The fish is held on with pop dots for a dimensional look. I also added one googlie eye for his eye. I added pearls with glue dots. For the top of the bowl, I used my snow writer pen and with my finger I speared it. I added ribbon to finish. This was fun to do. Thanks for the challenge! Have a great night!

5 comments:

Carolyn (snowmanqueen) said...

Your card is adorable, very creative!!

Unknown said...

I love this card, Bonnie! It's really creative; love the details!

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Love this card, such a great idea!

Julie

Elizabeth said...

Wow such a neat card! I love how it looks just like a fish bowl!

Mary said...

Very nice work.

Related Posts with Thumbnails