Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

TLC202 Our Flag

 

Posted by Picasa

Can you say ADDICTED? It seems as though here lately I have been addicted to the daily challenges on SCS. They are fun. I am learning a lot of new things, ideas, and most of all, meeting new friends. This was really a fun challenge today. We had to use the Tacky Tape with glitter. I think I got carried away with the glitter though. Our family is very patriotic and my house is decorated in Americana. so I thought I would make a flag. I made the card base a 5x7 because the standard size didn't really fit too well. I started out by cutting the white c/s to size and measured the lines 1/4 inch apart making up the rows of the real flag. I then scored them using the scor-pal lightly. I put the tape on each individual line for the red and white rows. I used my tacky sheet for the blue square. Once covered with tape, I started taking the red off...added glitter, and so on. I took the tape off the blue square and added more glitter. I used my star punch with the sheet of tape also, but it appears to be more silver. But it was white before I took the backing off. I decided that I was going to frame this, so I used the CB Script folder on some old glory dp and sponged the edges with distress ink. The flag is held on with tacky tape as well. Sorry, I didn't use any stamps. But I hope you like my card anyways. God Bless!

1 comment:

The Mama Monkey said...

Bonnie, all of your latest posts are FABULOUS! This one is my favorite, though! I just adore it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails