Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sunflower


I wanted to make a card today without using patterned paper. I saw this sunflower stamp and I thought I would try the watercoloring with markers technique. This fits the challenge of SC13 over at www.splitcoaststampers.com. I stamped the flower randomly from Watercolor Garden onto garden green c/s with the same ink. I cut a piece of golden yellow c/s and used my CB Swiss Dots folder. I stamped the sunflower image with black stazon onto watercolor paper (140lb wt). I outlined the image using my colored markers and shaded areas. I used 2 different color greens for the leaves. I used my waterbrush to blend in the color. I added the seeds with my gold gel pen. I scraped the edges with my scissors and sponged around with green ink. I used my small corner punch for the black and ran it through my Swiss Dots folder as well. I added gingham ribbon and rhinestones to complete the card. The sentiment is from a Studio G clear stamp from Michaels. I'm looking forward to making more like these.
Have a wonderful day!
Bonnie

2 comments:

laos348 said...

Very pretty - you did a great job coloring the flower.

Connie said...

This is pretty! Great coloring too.

Connie J.

Related Posts with Thumbnails