I have been busy doing Zumbathons for great causes around our town and trying to raise money for people who need the help. The secretary who was at my son's middle school had been diagnosed with Breast Cancer and isn't able to work any more. The people of the school decided to have a zumbathon with a silent auction and raffle tickets. I decided to make a purse using the fabric that my friend back in San Diego sent to me. I created this cute little purse taking and using ideas from 3 different patterns. I machined quilted the whole purse inside and out with just the stippling stitch. I added a pocket and a snap closure. I found the handles at Goodwill for $1.00 off another purse which I thought was ugly and tried it on this one. Also took the bottoms of the prongs that were on that ugly purse and used it on my purse to make the purse stand on its own. I added a pocket to the outside and the person who won my purse was so excited. It made me feel good to see someone win my item and that we made the effort to help our friend who's fighting this terrible disease. Thanks for dropping by.
Monday, November 29, 2010
Breast Cancer Purse
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















No comments:
Post a Comment