

When we moved here to Norman Oklahoma, we kept seeing things with OU on them...I mean it was from bumper stickers, license plates, t-shirts, and etc. We realized later that we lived just by the university. So the Sooners kinda grew on us. Anyways, it seems that my sister Connie has been going crazy on making tote bags for people. You can see her blog here She can barely keep up with her orders. So I decided to give it a try. I just finished making an OU Boomer Sooner queen size quilt for our childrens Ministry auction at church, so I thought of using the leftover materials from that. I followed the tutorial from Moda Bake Shop found here. Please see locate the tutorial under "Recipes" and click Bags and Totes. My tote bag came out a little smaller than theres, because I used the squares from the left over materials from the quilt I just made. Still worked out the same! I added my own style pocket to the inside by using interfacing on a piece of scrap material. I used a zig zag stitch for 2 columns, and my pockets have 3 sections. I used the simple machine stitch to make the "x's" on the bag. I really had a fun making this tote bag.
Have a wonderful day and thanks for dropping by.
Supplies: 100% warm and natural batting, 100% cotton fabrics (Hobby Lobby), interfacing
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Boomer Sooner Tote Bag
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















1 comment:
Bonnie, this came out cute. I'm sure someone that loves the Sooners will love this.
Post a Comment