Welcome

I love making rag purses, quilts, and just about anything. I have been making quilts for a long time and been stamping for about 6 years. I also love photography and spending time with my family. Please email me if you have any questions about my creations on my blog. Please sign my guest book at the bottom of the page. Enjoy your visit and have a wonderful day.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

My 1st Fabric Basket


I'm BACK!!! I was browsing the internet one day looking for a homemade fabric basket that I can make for Secret Sister for our swap at Kota's Kids on SCS. Anyhow, I found this great tutorial from Pink Penguin here. I wanted my basket to be a little bigger, so I used 2 1/2 inches blocks. The lining is where it got tricky because remember I made my blocks bigger than what the instructions said. I am still practicing the adjustments for the lining. Next time, I will try to follow the EXACT instructions. I also wanted the quilted look, so I decided to just make "X's" on each block after the basket was done. I didn't have my thinking cap on, because I should of quilted it before the basket was put together. It still worked. I just sent it off to my SS yesterday and I hope she likes it. Of course, and I filled the basket up with stamping stuff and she could use it for misc things. I really liked how this came out, do you? Have a wonderful day!

Supplies: 100% Cotton Fabrics

1 comment:

ayumills said...

I love your fabric basket too! You did a great job enlarging it and quilting "Xs"! Such a happy color too!! Thanks for sharing!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails